JOINT-STOCK COMPANY «N.A. DOLLEZHAL RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE OF POWER ENGINEERING» (JSC NIKIET)
JSC (Joint Stock Company) "NIKIET" is incorporated into the integrated company JSC "Atomenergoprom" which has consolidated civilian enterprises of the Russian nuclear industry and ensures complete cycle of production in the field of nuclear power generation including uranium mining, construction of nuclear power plants and electricity generation. "Atomenergoprom" in its turn is incorporated into the State Atomic Energy Corporation "ROSATOM".
NIKIET nowadays is one of Russia’s major nuclear design and research centers with a primary focus on reactor technologies. The Institute develops designs of advanced and innovative power reactors, including those for regional power supplies, research and isotope production reactors, and neutronic systems for the international fusion reactor (ITER), carries out the scientific and technological support for the RBMK NPPs operation, as well as develops and supplies integrated computer-aided reactor instrumentation, control, protection, diagnostic and other systems.
NIKIET is a multidiscipline R&D establishment with a workforce over 1600 most of which constitutes highest skilled specialty staff.
STRATEGIC FIELDS OF ACTIVITIES
- Special-purpose facilities for the Navy;
- Space nuclear power and propulsion systems;
- Civilian nuclear facilities of different types and for a variety of applications (power, research) as part of the Federal Target Program “Nuclear Power Technologies of a New Generation” (BREST, MBIR);
- Research and isotope production reactors;
- Small and medium power reactors;
- ITER neutronic systems;
- Evolution of the production capability;
- Evolution of information technologies.
- Upgrading and operation support of RBMK NPPs;
- Development, fabrication and testing of NPP, nuclear submarine and ITER components;
- Development, fabrication and adjustment of advanced integrated control systems for nuclear power facilities;
- Development, fabrication and adjustment of equipment for nondestructive inspection and diagnosis of metals in NPP components and pipelines, and automated coolant leakage detection systems;
- Comprehensive utilization of nuclear submarines, nuclear-powered surface ships and nuclear maintenance ships, remediation of radioactively hazardous naval sites;
- Decommissioning of nuclear installations, including NPPs, uranium-graphite production reactors and research reactors.